Elias Kougianos is a Professor in the Engineering Technology Department of the University of North Texas, in Denton, Texas, USA.
Well-rounded academic (12 years) and industrial experience (15 years in the semiconductor IC design industry), ideal for Engineering and Technology.
Senior project advisor since 2010. All graduating seniors in the ELET program do their cornerstone project with me, under my exclusive supervision.
Multiple recipient of the “Thank A Teacher” university-wide recognition (2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015).
Graduate advisor for the Electrical portion of the Master’s program since 2010.
- Author/co-author of 38 high quality journal papers, 72 conference proceedings papers, 1 book, 2 chapters.
- 2 patents awarded.
- Highest Google Scholar metrics in the department: 1061 citations, 16 h-index, 29 i-10 index.
- Major or co-major professor for 6 PhD and 24 MS graduate students.
- PI/co-PI in $903K (total), $713K (UNT portion), $413K (my portion) of highly competitive federal (NSF) or state (SRC/TxACE) grants.
- Winner of the prestigious Design Automation Conference Fellowship (2005).
- Reviewer for 18 high-quality journals (including several IEEE Transactions).
- Reviewer for 20 IEEE-sponsored conferences.
- Program committee chair, publicity chair, track chair, web chair and steering committee member for several IEEE-sponsored conferences.
- Chair and member of departmental and college personnel affairs committees and member of the faculty council.